Watching the Detectives is the novel I read from in episodes 14 and 28 (embedded below for your listening convenience). I am using this year’s NaNoWriMo to edit and complete it. On day 2, after adding current edits, it stands at 26,520 words. My first goal will be the standard National Novel Writing Month Goal of 50,000 words, and then we shall see. I will be, of course, reading more of it on the podcast as I go along, and I am looking forward to doing so.
Category: In the Kitchen
Here’s a couple of options for using your Amazon Home or other Alexa-friendly devices to listen to your favorite podcasts more easily.
I know, via my podcast’s Facebook group, that Pocket Casts is popular amongst my listeners. Good news, if you have Alexa at home (or on your other devices), she plays nicely with Pocket Casts, and here’s how.
First, you have to download and enable the Pocket Casts Alexa skill. Next, link up and sync your Pocket Casts account. Once that is all set, you have some commands you can play with. I’m inserting my podcast into the commands, because of course you listen. 🙂 Just substitute for any other podcast that you also listen to:
- Play :“Alexa, ask Pocket Casts to play There Might Be Cupcakes.”
- Subscribe: “Alexa, ask Pocket Casts to subscribe to There Might Be Cupcakes.”
- Recommend: “Alexa, ask Pocket Casts to give me a recommendation.”
- Continue: “Alexa, ask Pocket Casts to play my Up Next.”
- Get that Featured Content: “Alexa, ask Pocket Casts about the featured podcast.”
Download and enable the AnyPod skill. It seems to have more commands as of this writing:
- Play: “Alexa, ask AnyPod to play There Might Be Cupcakes.”
- Subscribe: “Alexa, ask AnyPod to subscribe to There Might Be Cupcakes.”
- Play a specific episode: “Alexa, ask AnyPod to play episode XX of There Might Be Cupcakes.”
- Jump: “Alexa, ask AnyPod for the episode of There Might Be Cupcakes.”
- Skip: “Alexa, play the episode.” or even “Alexa, ask AnyPod to skip forward 2 minutes.”
- List your podcast subscriptions: “Alexa, ask AnyPod, ‘What are my subscriptions?’”
Do you listen to podcasts on Amazon Home, or otherwise using Alexa? If so, do you use AnyPod or PocketCasts, or via other skil/service? If so, comment and let us know!