I may earn money from the participating companies linked in this post: Bookshop.org (supporting my nearby independent bookstore Bluebird & Co, in Crozet, VA) and/or Audible. My podcast is sponsored by Audible and Care/Of.
We just finished our first full month together. I have been here since the end of March, but, until the middle of June, it was me, alone, in my creepy basement lab. Thank you for letting me out. I like it out here with the sane people.
Thank you to the nice Rubes who clicked through to Amazon from this site before doing their regular shopping. You helped pay for hosting expenses! Paying expenses keeps me out of the basement, and I love you for it. I like being around the other people. I get to write silly things about the silly things Dave and Gareth say, and occasionally write my own silly things.
I’m a glorious wordsmith at saying stuff and junk.
And within all this silliness, I get to assist two really kind, talented guys using my own tools.
I love you Rubes. Momma Carla loves you. Here’s your present: a very early picture of my writing on my Mac 512. Every time I receive a wee bit of renevue, I shall give you a embarrassing-myself present such as this.
#tbt I have so much honest affection for this picture. Mostly b/c I can see past the awkward & see how pretty I didn’t know I was! I actually was the take off her glasses & she’s pretty trope, and I had no idea. Plus, all the 1980’s awesome: the Mac (dig the square mouse), the Cyndi Lauper and Prince posters, and, to the left, cut off by IG, is a turntable and an Atari 400 upgraded to an 800. And could I rock a flannel gown or what? #respecttheplaid #claradoxical #1980s #Mac512 #Atari #Atari400
So if you want more of this awkwardness, and more growth of the site, with means more awesome for you Rubes, these are the ways to help:
- First off, Join the forums! Play with meeeeeee. I am creating forums that can only be accessed by members, because reasons. I want to try to coordinate with Patreon, if they have the capability, to create a tier of forums for Patreon donors.
- Comment on articles, because Rubes talk to each other, yo. Every time I receive a comment that is not spam, I cry a beautiful diamond tear that becomes a fairy, and that is how fairies are born, from my happy tears. Don’t you believe in fairies anymore?
- Come say hey there hi there ho there before going to Amazon‘s main page and buy whatever you like.
- Try Audible and Get Two Free Audiobooks— I have been a member since 2007, and I love them so so much.
- click on any book, documentary, or music link from any given entry, and then either buy it or something else from Amazon or iTunes (which includes iBooks, the App Store, even Podcasts, which are free free free)
. Caffeine means hyperactivity means more site activity.