Hi, I’m Carla. I’m a 49-year-old disabled writer. I live on a mountain in the Appalachian range, in the section known as the Blue Ridge in the state of Virginia, right on the edge of the George Washington National Forest. The latter makes the Missing 411 phenomenon extra spooky.
The official (read: written by me, I’m the only one here) podcast description for There Might Be Cupcakes gives a lot of information about my shenanigans here:
a former freelance journalist and counselor, who is never bored.
Join her (and sometimes her friends) in her strange library as she INFJs everything from unused angles.
It’s going to get weird in the best way. Let’s play.
I release right now as my health allows. I post a website entry for each episode, with more information, photographs, and suggested reading for that particular episode, and the available stream and downloadable MP3 for that episode. I will post additional posts from my Instagram, my Pinterest, and from anything topical that catches my interest and I think might interest you throughout each week.
All social media links:
Most Recent Website Entries
- Episode 2: Casey Anthony and Bonnie MacNara: All Links
- Episode 1: Poe and Carla and Cupcakes: Nicetameetcha All Links
- Added to Audible!
- Movie Review: Jennifer’s Body (2009)
- My best friend’s murder: Anisa Matthews 1971-2000
My disabilities are Ehlers-Danlos, Hypermobility Type, POTS (Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome), MCAS (Mast Cell Activation Syndrome), and fibromyalgia. Basically, the collagen in all twelve systems of my body is damaged, everything hurts all the time, and my blood pressure is not stable with a sudden change in posture (hard sneeze, laughing, standing up). My body is my frenemy.
How to subscribe
from this site: the feed of the Podcast Episodes category
- Apple Podcasts
- GetVokl Channel
- Google Play
- Pocket Casts
- Podcast Addict
My friend, Greg Behrendt, has a comedy routine about how he would do unpleasant things for cake, and that anywhere you go, there might be cake. Well, cupcakes are all that and more: portable, equal, fancier…and so much more. The title represents sharing, hope, whimsy…and here’s Greg’s routine. Enjoy, and always remember there might be cupcakes.
Need to contact me?
Easy peasy: firstname.lastname@example.org
Carla Pettigrew Hufstedler
1137 Little Piney Road
Roseland, VA 22967
How to support me and the podcast
- Simply click through here and shop at Amazon as you normally would–this helps me at no cost to you
- Same with the wonderful Bookshop.org: you can look through my suggested books (I do love to make lists, especially lists of books), or simply click through and shop as usual. Bookshop.org donates from every purchase to local, independent bookstores!
- You can donate once through Paypal, using this nifty button or through my paypal.me link
- Become a patron at Patreon and gain access to episode scripts to download, plus future writings of mine (that will be for sale) for free, and other goodies
- Sign up for a thirty-day free trial at Audible, the splendiferous audiobook subscription service and store, and receive a free book to keep as your own
- Buy me an ebook from my wishlist (or something else)
And thank you immensely, just for listening and visiting! I love my listeners, every one. Just your lending me your ears every episode makes me so very happy, more than I can express